Monday, September 1, 2008

Photography Experiments

Time for another photographic installment:

This is one of the best shots I took I think. I did as you can see, use the color accent feature. I accented yellows, but didn't make the the accent a strict "yellow;" thus the yellow in the green was also highlighted.

Once I had it on the computer, I enhanced the colors a little and sharpened the focus. I honestly couldn't tell the difference when I did sharpen it, so perhaps the image was as "sharp" as it was going to get.

Why do I love this picture? Partly because of the (accidental) composition. The lone sunflower being attended to by the dutiful bee. This was taken up Emigration Canyon on a pullout where people could look at the spectacular view of the mountains (mountain shots coming soon). Nature eking out a life in such inhospitable environs.

I also love how the accented colors added...something...to the picture.

What do you think?

No comments: